Twenty One Pilots
Alternative Press Magazine
Issue 384 - 35th Anniversary
THIS PURCHASE INCLUDES:
- 1 - Twenty One Pilots - Alternative Press Magazine Issue 384 Version 1
- 1 - Twenty One Pilots - Alternative Press Magazine Issue 384 Version 2
- 1 - T-Shirt - Glow In The Dark - "We're Okay" - Twenty One Pilots Inspired by AltPress Apparel
- 1 - Fanny Pack - Twenty One Pilots Inspired by AltPress Apparel
- 1 - Poster - Twenty One Pilots Inspired by AltPress Shop
- 1 - Photo Album - The History of Twenty One Pilots In Photos
- Now more than ever, we need to support local businesses and we pride ourselves on doing so. All of the items in these collections are made by small local companies and therefore, may take a bit extra to produce. Right now, we are experiencing no delays so our timeline is consistent with our standard release schedule timeline.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for production before your shipping choice kicks in. We expect to begin shipping Collections after the July 4th Holiday. You will be notified by email once your purchase has left our warehouse.
- Please reach out if you have absolutely any questions.
It’s a very special time of year for Alternative Press Magazine. June marks 35 years of publishing our print magazine. For well over three decades, Alternative Press has been championing the musicians who have consistently dared to change the status quo. For this notable anniversary, we’re giving it to the fans who have supported us. To that end, we are honored to feature an exclusive new cover story with twenty one pilots.
This year, Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun had a massive summer schedule planned. After Joseph spent some time at home with his wife and newborn daughter, he and Dun were preparing to set off on a European arena tour, followed by what was expected to be some of their biggest shows in Russia. It was going to be a fitting conclusion to the mysterious world they had created on Trench.
And then biology got in the way. With the coronavirus pandemic moving across the planet, the world’s touring bands were effectively shut down from their livelihoods. For twenty one pilots, this was an even bigger blow. For a band who proactively care about their fans and maintaining their standards for a live show, the reality was even more jarring.
In our exclusive bi-coastal interview (with Dun in Los Angeles and Joseph in Columbus), the duo ponder what the future holds for not only themselves but for all aspects of music and fan culture. Will they ever play shows again? And if so, what do they look like? Joseph has said on many occasions that the band simply cannot do what they do without the fans. He and Dun ponder everything from the necessities of social distancing to what shows might look like next year. They also wonder if the nonspectacle of livestreaming shows will be the new norm. Above all, since the pandemic hit, the duo haven’t actually played together for a while.
In the interview, the duo take us behind the making of their hit single “Level Of Concern” and the do-or-die urgency of getting it out into the world. They discuss their trepidation to participate in the pandemic-imposed live-streaming culture, as well as the kind of art it will foster a year from now. Obviously, twenty one pilots don’t have all the answers just yet. But when you consider how much they’ve bucked conventional wisdom to get where they are today, knowing that they’re thinking about it is incredibly hopeful. Having a sense of humor about it goes a long way, as well.
In addition to our TOP exclusive, we checked in with more artists who wanted to keep their fandoms informed and wish us a happy anniversary. This special issue also contains new interviews with BLACK VEIL BRIDES, I DONT KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME, NECK DEEP, PVRIS and YUNGBLUD, sharing their thoughts on their next plans and the future of music.
All of us at Alternative Press graciously thank twenty one pilots and all the bands for participating in what we think is our best anniversary issue yet. Most importantly, though, we’d like to thank all the fans who have supported us for another milestone year. This issue is truly for you, and we hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did putting it together.
The bottom line is that the love of music is what bonds all of us. Which is why we all will most certainly make it through this. Enjoy.🖤